The "network" of child welfare services that ChildNet "administers" is actually a uniquely local hybrid constructed of services supported, managed and monitored by several entities and funding sources.
At the core, most closely and directly controlled by ChildNet, are those fundamental child welfare program services which ChildNet pays for and manages through traditional and formal subcontracts. These Subcontracted Services include residential programs, family reunification and strengthening programs, family preservation and prevention programs, assessment services and childcare services.
A second component of the network consists of those individual services, as opposed to programs, which ChildNet pays for by purchasing them directly from service providers on an individual case by case basis using briefer, less detailed processes and documents such as professional service agreements, rate agreements and purchase orders. These Purchased Services include services offered by both agencies and by individual, private practitioners such as tutoring, legal services and specialized assessments or therapeutic interventions that ChildNet must purchase because they are not supported by other local, state or federal funding.
The third component of the network is comprised of all those services received by the children and families under ChildNet's supervision which ChildNet does not pay for. These Coordinated Services include a broad spectrum of health educational and social services funded by:
- The Children's Services Council of Broward
- The Children's Services Council of Palm Beach County
- The Broward County Board of County Commissioners
- The Palm Beach County Board of County Commissioners
- The School Board of Broward County, the Broward Early Learning Coalition
- The School Board of Palm Beach County
- The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Program of the Department of Children & Families
- The Florida Department of Juvenile Justice
- The United Way of Broward County
- The Agency for Persons with Disabilities
- Career Source, Broward County
- Career Source, Palm Beach County
- Florida Medicaid